They were a labor of hope, to be sure. It took me three 'Alias' episodes to frost and decorate these suckers. I kept a few at home for our election night party, where cautious optimism ruled. We got one Obama t-shirt photo with Catherine before Charlie went to bed.
But after Ohio went to Obama, cautious optimism gave way to elation. Lauren, my canvassing co-conspirator, gifted me a "North CarObama" shirt, which we modeled despite NC being too close to call (although the AP confirmed yesterday that NC, in fact, has turned blue).
But nothing was sweeter than Charlie waking up Wednesday morning and asking to wear his Obama shirt again. (Although I asked him yesterday who the new president is, and he said, "I don't know. Daddy! President Daddy!") I just can't help thinking about how fantastic it is that the first president he remembers will be Obama, and hopefully the idea that anything is possible in America will be all the more real for him.
1 comment:
These cupcakes look great! They also look very difficult!
L
Post a Comment