Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kitty Sitting

My co-worker was out of town last week, and Charlie and I went over to hang out with her kitty, Haley. Charlie was a little freaked out by how mobile she was - like jumping on the back of the couch by his head! - but also really excited about playing with her.









On the way home, Charlie asked where Haley's mommy and daddy were - her kitty mommy and daddy. I started to tell him that she got lost from her parents, but then realized that might be vaguely terrifying - get lost from your parents, then get taken home by random strangers. So I changed course midstream and tried to explain that animals don't live with their parent as long as human kids do. So Haley struck out on her own, and then decided to live with my co-worker. No nightmares so far.

Charlie then told me I was a mommy kitty. I said, "How so?" He looked at me like I was a fool, and answered, "You don't have a penis." Hard to argue with that.

No comments: