Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pretend

Charlie's been having a lot of fun with pretend lately. Today he and Isabel played pirates, which involved using her quilt as a boat, and wearing her dresses as their costumes - I love it! They also had treasure maps, and Charlie was quite fond of the fishing net.




* * *
In the bathtub the other night . . .

"Mama, I have a baby inside of me! But she is in a shell that is green. [He rubs his belly.] Ooh, I think my baby is ready to come out! [He schootches his butt up off the bottom of the tub.] There she is mama! And look, she is such a good swimmer!"

* * *
While playing with Evan the other day, Charlie pretended he was little Grandpa [what he calls Evan's dad, because he also has a great-Grandpa on this side of the family]. This included using a deep throaty voice and telling Evan he was his son!

No comments: