Saturday, February 20, 2010

Owen Michael

After much anticipation, Owen Michael became the latest branch on our family tree early this morning. He was born at 2:50 am, weighed 9 lbs 2 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. He is darling, and we just adore him.

While my labor was relatively short (~5 hours), getting it started was another matter entirely. My water broke Thursday morning at 7:30 am, and things didn't really get moving until about 10 pm Friday night. (NB: If you need tips on how to induce labor naturally, give me a shout.) By 1 am I was happily in the tub and ready to get this little one on the outside. Evan was his usual amazing self, so much so that our team of midwives and I have coined him the Man Doula.

Listening to Owen's heartbeat


He's here!


Getting ready for the big weigh-in


Little angel


Charlie meets Owen - During his first diaper change, he exclaimed, "Look at his little penis!"
-

O^3: Omi & Opu & Owen


The best little double chin ever

10 comments:

M said...

So, so perfect and beautiful. Congratulations! Love the name, Love the "man doula" moniker, Love the pictures, Love it all!

Catherine said...

Congratulations!!! he is so beautiful, which is good bc of the gorgeousness of charlie :) and of course his stunning parents. but more importantly, you all look so wonderfully together and loving! can't wait to meet the rather big lil fellow. much love to you all!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the World Owen! You are the luckiest little guy around because you have the most amazing Mommy and Daddy and a truly fabulous older brother! I can't wait to meet you and smother you with kisses as I whisper in your ear all the virtues of being a conservative! Love you already!
-Shana and Chris

Unknown said...

He's wonderful! I love that chin! Congratulations you guys and we can't wait to meet him!

imagoii said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful. And so is your family. We are so happy for you all and Charlie must be over the moon to have a little brother. So glad all went well and not at all surprised at evan's new moniker. :)

Tanisha said...

Congratulations Audrey, Evan and Charlie!!! I am so excited. I almost cried as I saw the picture of Owen. He is so precious!!! I can't wait to meet him in person. :) I am so excited that everything went well! Audrey--my mom read this before I did! She is the one that told me Owen was here.:)

Tonia said...

He is big & beautiful! Congratulations...Steve and I can't wait to hold him. Welcome to Five Points Owen.

nicole loper said...

Congratulations! He is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet Owen. I have such a wonderful sister, brother in law, and two wonderful nephews who I love so much!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Audrey, Evan, and Charlie! Owen is gorgeous! I couldn't be happier for you guys. I miss my Loper-Miracle connection. Hopefully, we'll make a road trip to NC very soon. Love you much!
Donna (and Patrick, Maya, and Camryn) :>)

Jennifer evans said...

Hey Evan and Audrey!!
Congratualations!! I am so happy for the four of you. Audrey, you look great after delivering such a big baby. Hunter was 9.2 and I can assure you I did not look as good!! Not sure if you heard but we are expecting another one!! Hope all is well.

Jenn Evans