Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back at Work

I've been back at work for a month now, and so far, so good. Everyone has been great, and things are really busy which makes the days fly by. However, the past few weeks have not been without some working mommy comic misadventures:
  • Day 1, 8:07 am: I have no idea what my Novell password is and have to get one of our admin assistants to call IT for me. Not a very auspicious start.
  • More than once, I have tried to turn my breast pump off by turning the volume dial on my computer speakers. Needless to say, this did not achieve the desired result.
  • On two different occasions, I was emailing and pumping, got distracted, and overflowed my pump bottles. You'd think that I would have learned my lesson after the first deluge, no? But apparently I needed the reinforcement of the second spill. I now have a stain on my desk chair that makes it look like I peed my pants. I can't decide if the fact that it's breastmilk is better or worse.
My first week back I had an out-of-town conference, and the boys all came along. While I was immersed in all things teen pregnancy prevention, Evan, Owen & Charlie hit the zoo and children's museum.



Flying the zoo-copter






The children's museum had a real firetruck!






Happy camper along for the ride


Back at the hotel and ready for stories

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great stuff!! Loved the recent postcard... thanks!

Davis Crew

M said...

The cuteness...I cannot...resist...the acronyms...

OMG!!!!!