Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kitchen Catastrophe

Charlie loves to help us in the kitchen. We had some time to kill before nap a while ago, so I figured we'd make some pound cake. I had just pulled the arm of the mixer up to scrape the bowl, when Charlie turned it on! Here's what resulted:



He was really upset at first, but I got him calmed down and then ran for the camera. I should have taken a picture of myself, too - it looked like someone threw a cake batter malatov cocktail into the kitchen! Charlie recovered pretty quickly once he realized that he was covered in something delicious :)



We went for round #2 in the kitchen last week when Isabel & Heather came over. The weather was awful, so I figured sugar cookies would be a good distraction. This time I had the foresight to unplug the mixer when it was idle!



While we were waiting for the cookies, the kids took off for the play kitchen - which is delightfully free of batter, dough, etc.

No comments: