Sunday, December 7, 2008

Say What?

Charlie was chock full of quotables this weekend. On our way home from the fabric store, he piped up from the backseat with this gem:

"Oh my gosh. I saw something so enormous it took my breath away. It was a dinosaur!"

(For those of you Curious George fans, you'll recognize this almost verbatim from Curious George Wins a Medal.)

Later that night, Charlie was playing with his firetruck and firemen, one of whom is named Bruce. Here's his narration of a tough day at the firehouse:

"My name is Bruce. I love my hose." [Cackling and snorting from Evan and I.]

Then he decided that his rubber octopus would like to eat my chin. Again, his narration:

"I love mommies . . . mmm mmm . . . I love mommies!"

It's nice to be appreciated, even if it's as a snack for a rubber sea creature.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoy reading your blog and following Charlie's adventures! He keeps us laughing!Joy's mom

Lauren said...

You guys are hilarious! I love reading your posts too!

L