The Saturday after my work trip, during which Evan had a lot of "togetherness" with the boys, I took them to the Ag Expo. It was a scaled-down version of the State Fair . . . antique tractors, funnel cakes and rides of dubious safety. We started out in the kids' play area while waiting for an indigo dye demonstration.



All smiles after homemade strawberry ice cream

The dyed fibers come out of the vat green . . .

. . . but turn blue once the air hits them

Feeding goats at the petting zoo

I'm pretty sure kangaroos aren't indigenous to NC, so I think this one blackmailed the organizers to get center stage
1 comment:
Hey Audrey! Its Shannon Kellner from UNC. I just ran across your blog when I was cleaning out my UNC Webmail. You are a fantastic writer- it is alot of fun to read your posts. Our baby is due on Monday and we are fighting the desires of the docs to intervene soon. Ugh!Headed to Columbus on Sept 1st. Lots going on :) But wanted to keep in touch since I would be losing Webmail access soon. Will call ya sometime and give ya my personal email address and our blog. Take Care!
Post a Comment